I love breastfeeding! I have breastfed all 3 of my children. I nursed Ava until she was 2. I only nursed Scarlett until she was one, she was too busy to make time for the tit. Willa is still going strong and defiantly a major booby lover, just like her dad.
I love nursing for so many reasons:
1. It makes me sit my busy butt down and relax. For those of you who know me, this is virtually impossible. Or if I get an important work call, I pop it in the babes mouth and ahhh complete silence.
2. Its super cozy and special to look down in my babies eyes as they suckle away, I love these moments, not much can beat this.
3. Its a great way to calm a crying baby, instant pacifier!
4. A fail proof way to get my babies to fall asleep. (I know eventually this will bite me in the butt...)
5. Oh and its very healthy too, that's just a big bonus to all the other good stuff.
Willa will be 2 in April and my friends politely ask me how long I will nurse her, to which I often reply "Until she is 10" You see Willa is getting big and she speaks really well. She says Momma, I want neen. Pleaseeeeee When I say no, she bargains Just a little bit, pleaseeeee momma, its special and its so sweet At that point I almost always give in.
Sometimes its not so special. For example, in the middle of the night when she is not so polite and almost every hour repeatedly yells I want neen!!! When I don't give it to her she thrashes and kicks. I know I have created a mini titty loving monster.
I have truly evolved from a controlling, militant mother that regulated nursing to bedtime to throwing the rules out the door and popping it out whenever I hear the word neen. I know Willa is my last baby so I have let so many rules slide. I am amazed how much I have changed from baby #1 to baby #3.
So how long will I nurse? I'm not sure but I do dread the day when I decide my tatas are closed for business. I don't think Willa will be in favor of this shutdown. Until this day I plan to enjoy every second of it!